An Update

I have been the worst blogger. Things aren’t the same for me as they use to be years ago. Life has actually gotten exponentially better for me in the last couple of years. I’m no longer dealing with my very needy and destructive family. I’m back in school. I’ve made so many life changes from quitting coffee and doing yoga, to really focusing on making an attempt at living a stress-free life. Of course, things come along that seem to dampen things sometimes but it’s much easier for me to bounce back these days. School is school. Most of the time when I’m not working or tending to the kids, I’m tending to school work. There are some days when I’m utterly frustrated with schoolwork because my classes are online and things are done a little bit differently. For example, quite a few of my online courses will require me to keep submitting drafts for papers with requirements and what not. I mean, I get why it’s done this way but I’m not use to writing that way. I admit that I’m a last minute type of chick and I hate feeling pressured. I submitted a draft for a humanities course and my instructor docked me points because my paper was only 2 1/2 pages (the final paper was to be 3-5 pages) and I’m just like damn I thought this was a rough draft though? She was so concerned about the length of my draft that she didn’t even provide feedback for the pages I already had. It was frustrating. I truly hated that course though. It was basically a course about the history of art. I truly appreciate art, don’t get me wrong, but there are just certain pieces of art that I could do without. Like all of those statues of naked men from Greek and Roman eras. I understand their meaning, but I mean, seriously?

Other than school, everything is pretty much the same. I have had some really interesting projects that I’m currently working on to bring in more income that I feel could be successful. I’m trying to be one of those people who don’t need to rely on simply leaving the house to go to some 9-5 to make a living. Working from home has always been a dream and I plan on making that dream come true. I’m just so tired of the monotony of my everyday life and I feel like I need more freedom in my days. I’m sure anyone could relate. With the advancement of technology, working from home could really be a thing of the future. Anyway, when I finally bring these things to fruition, I will definitely be sharing them here.

Tags: ,

12 Comments to “An Update”

1. December 18, 2016 at 7:52 PM

OMGGG I needed to read this blog post. I’m so proud of you! For 2017 I’d love to live a stress free life as well.

I’ve never tried yoga but I’d like to take days out to meditate and travel and enjoy life. I can’t wait. I’m really excited!

Happy for you! Enjoy!

• Shannon
      January 6, 2017 at 2:33 PM

I started doing yoga in the mornings and at night to help me wake up and also to help me sleep. YouTube is amazing especially because I can stream from my phone to my smart tv and basically do yoga in the comfort of my bedroom.

2. December 30, 2016 at 4:20 AM

SCHOOL! Hopefully I’ll be applying for graduation in a few months because I can not be bothered! I am also online and it’s extremely time consuming. I don’t know why they make it seem like it isn’t. Don’t worry you’ll get through it. You’ve been busy with school and your family. Blogging isn’t priority right now, don’t worry about it! Soon enough you’ll bless us with your magic again! I’ll be reading, Happy Holiday hunny!

• Shannon
      January 6, 2017 at 2:34 PM

Yea I was always under the impression that going to school online was easier. In some ways it is but in others it’s just as time consuming as attending a regular university. It still fits into my schedule though.

3. January 2, 2017 at 9:07 PM

Blogging now as opposed to blogging when we were teens/young adults is a lot different. Maybe because we’ve grown and see the world different.

I’m happy to hear things are going good for you these days. Hope 2017 is a wonderful year for you! Good luck with school (although I’m sure your already doing amazing!)

-xoxo Arlene

• Shannon
      January 6, 2017 at 2:32 PM

I agree. I definitely see things differently now and plus back then I didn’t have too much of a life so blogging was something I found myself doing a lot lol

I tried to leave a comment on your recent blog post but I found that I couldn’t. Just thought you should be aware that there may be a coding issue.

• January 22, 2017 at 3:18 AM

Thank you. After 3 days of pulling my hair out I figured out it was the firewall I put up to keep hackers out. The joys of coding lol.

4. January 12, 2017 at 3:27 PM

I was wondering if you were still blogging, then I decided to log into my blog. :)

Congratulations on getting back into school. It can definitely be tough at times, but the end result is worth it.

Good luck with your 2017 endeavors. I have a feeling that 2017 is going to be about fulfilling your dreams.

• Shannon
      January 17, 2017 at 4:40 AM

I’ve gotten into the groove of school for the most part. Honestly I’m just a big procrastinator and that needs to end.

5. February 13, 2017 at 6:39 PM

Glad things have gotten better for you. That is always good news and always the direction we’d like to be going. Good for you for trying to figure out a way to work from home. 9-5 is truly for the birds. Necessary for most, but for those who can escape it. Why the hell not.

6. February 16, 2017 at 6:42 AM

I definitely understand what you mean by trying to step outside of the monotony of everyday life. I am so ready to quit my job and live a free life.

7. February 27, 2017 at 3:33 AM

I’ve finally found you again!

Blogging has become completely different from what it used to. Feels like a completely different atmosphere. Haven’t been posting as much as I used to but it’s good to have somewhere to write your feelings when the time comes.